Senior Biomedical Application Specialist sought by SonoSim, Inc. in Santa Monica, CA.
- Work with ultrasound subject matter experts and sonographers to acquire 2D, 3D, and 4D ultrasound imagery ensuring proper specifications are applied to allow for conversion for simulation adaptation.
- Retrieve and convert patient ultrasound imagery from its raw file format to a proprietary format compatible for simulation adaptation.
- Monitor and capture patient studies on external devices to re-produce adjunct ultrasound image modalities and expert guidance for each patient study to be utilized in the simulation environment.
- Regularly audit and manage data libraries and archives to ensure end-to-end quality of the data acquisition pipeline.
- Use proprietary software to manipulate patient ultrasound data and other imaging modalities (e.g., CTs, MRIs, x-rays) to create simulation environments.
- Collaborate with software developers to inform areas of development/growth for proprietary software tools and programs used to create back-end and front-end of the simulated environment.
- Collaborate with Research & Development team to advance creation and development of new mechanisms for improving data acquisition and modification pipelines.
- Collaborate with physicians and sonographers to review and manipulate simulation environments to ensure medical accuracy.
- Perform end-to-end quality assurance of simulation projects and software releases of ultrasound training platforms.
- Review and edit product scope and drafts of online didactic training materials which preclude training in the simulated environment.
- Modify imagery extracted from the ultrasound machines and integrate into online didactic training materials.
- Perform end-to-end quality assurance of precursory and supplemental training materials which complement the simulated ultrasound training platform.
Master’s degree, or its equivalent, in Biomedical Engineering, plus skills (gained through experience, education, or training) in biomedical engineering including, medical imaging/signals, segmentation and statistical analysis, medical simulation (software and hardware), physiological control systems, and development and regulation of medical products.
To Apply by mail, send resume plus job reference to:
Attn: Recruiting, SonoSim, Inc., 1738 Berkeley Street, Santa Monica, CA 90404.